Webster’s definition of giants:
- a legendary human like being of great stature and strength.
- a living being of great size or a person of extraordinary powers.
- something unusually large and powerful
The story of David and Goliath is an inspirational account of a scrawny teenage shepherd boy overcoming a mammoth giant.
Do Giants still exist today? I believe the answer is yes. What could they be?
- Addictions: substance abuse, sexual addictions, food, gossip and lying.
- Broken relationships.
- Dysfunctional and damaging thought patterns.
- Health challenges.
- Financial challenges.
How can we overcome these giants? The same way David overcame Goliath.
- Willing and actively serving God and others.
- Routinely worshiping God and being in His presence (not just on Sunday mornings).
- Praising God with our lips to everyone.
- Having complete faith and confidence in God.